Thoughts For 50 - Pages 301 - 358 Of The Sudden Appearance Of Hope By Claire North

My name is Hope Arden, and you won't know who I am. We've met before - a thousand times. I am the girl the world forgets.
It started when I was sixteen years old. A slow declining, an isolation, one piece at a time.
A father forgetting to drive me to school. A mother setting the table for three, not four. A teacher who forgets to chase my missing homework. A friend who looks at me and sees a stranger.
No matter what I do, the words I say, the people I hurt, the crimes I commit - you will never remember who I am.
That makes my life difficult. It also makes me dangerous...
THE SUDDEN APPEARANCE OF HOPE is the tale of a girl no one remembers, yet her story will stay with you forever.



Lauras Thoughts
As Jen Said 'Hey Macarena... WTF?'
The only thing memorable about this book is that it annoyingly embeds the macarena song into your head for days! I do think that the book has a lot of potential with the plot line but for some reason it has been gone about the wrong way, I was hoping that as the book progressed it would all slot together, with only two weeks left I am starting to doubt it. I really would like to be proved wrong... I can't believe we will actually be finishing this book on Christmas Eve/Day... is that a blessing or the opposite.

Jens Thoughts
Hey Macarena…..WTF?
I just don’t get it, is it me not wanting to get it?
I feel I am doing this book a disservice by reading it and not being fully understanding of what Claire North is trying to achieve. The basic premise is a good idea, but something is holding back its potential.
One of my predictions sort of came true this week; it has makings of a really good thriller, but I have no idea where it is all heading.
We have two weeks left on this book and I really cannot wait to finish it.

Laura Predicts
  • Hope is playing right into Byrons hands and has been programmed to cause even more mayhem that is going on at the moment
  • Hope will not be able to execute the task because Luca Evard will have an unexpected influence over her still
  • Fillipa will help Hope become remembered or Hope will be a hero and become instantly remembered because of it
Jen Predicts
  • Hope will become a patient and antidote to perfection
  • Fillipa and Hope will become friends
  • Byron will die

No comments :

Post a Comment