Thoughts For 50 - Pages 359 - 398 Of The Sudden Appearance Of Hope By Claire North

My name is Hope Arden, and you won't know who I am. We've met before - a thousand times. I am the girl the world forgets.
It started when I was sixteen years old. A slow declining, an isolation, one piece at a time.
A father forgetting to drive me to school. A mother setting the table for three, not four. A teacher who forgets to chase my missing homework. A friend who looks at me and sees a stranger.
No matter what I do, the words I say, the people I hurt, the crimes I commit - you will never remember who I am.
That makes my life difficult. It also makes me dangerous...
THE SUDDEN APPEARANCE OF HOPE is the tale of a girl no one remembers, yet her story will stay with you forever.
Lauras Thoughts
I was hoping that since we are nearing the end of the book, Hallelujah!, the plot would begin to make sense but no, instead I just really can't wait to finish it! The only thing I remember about this weeks 50 pages is that there was a man sitting on top of a pilgrim and that is because I wish it was me so that I could escape this awful book, I know it sounds harsh but its true! It is awful. I was going to give this book to charity but I think that would defeat the object of helping them! On the plus side only one more read to go!
Jens Thoughts
We are on the penultimate hurdle of this book and I was desperate for excitement.  What should have been a thrilling addition, in how it ends, but it happens in a blurry moment.  The whole idea of the book I like, I just dislike the narrative.  The plot which is a comment on society seems to be obscured by meaningless trivialities and facts.  I just want to be able to like Hope as a character, but she is forgettable I am afraid.
Laura Predicts
  • Hope is the main part of Byrons desruction
  • Luca saves Hope from Byron
Jen Predicts
  • Hope will kill Byron
  • Hope will die and be remembered

No comments :

Post a Comment