Attachments - A Review By Laura

What is it about?
"Hi, I'm the guy who reads your e-mail, and also, I love you . . . "
Beth Fremont and Jennifer Scribner-Snyder know that somebody is monitoring their work e-mail. (Everybody in the newsroom knows. It's company policy.) But they can't quite bring themselves to take it seriously. They go on sending each other endless and endlessly hilarious e-mails, discussing every aspect of their personal lives.
Meanwhile, Lincoln O'Neill can't believe this is his job now- reading other people's e-mail. When he applied to be "internet security officer," he pictured himself building firewalls and crushing hackers- not writing up a report every time a sports reporter forwards a dirty joke.
When Lincoln comes across Beth's and Jennifer's messages, he knows he should turn them in. But he can't help being entertained-and captivated-by their stories.
By the time Lincoln realizes he's falling for Beth, it's way too late to introduce himself.
What would he say . . . ?
 

Who is it for?
Older teenager onwards

Genre? 
Romance, Chick Lit

Is it any good?
I read this book so long ago... back in 2012 to be precise and i'm afraid to say I can't really remember much of what happened in it, only a summarised version my head decided to keep. 

What I do remember is that it began my love for Rainbow Rowell and here I am 4 years later waiting for her to write another book because i've read them all. At first I remember struggling to get into the book and wondering what it was that made me buy it in the first place, to be honest I still can't remember why I did but I am so glad that I did because once I was into it I absolutely loved the emails that where exchanged between Jen and Beth and remember being able to relate to certain aspects they spoke about. 

Was the ending satisfactory?
I hate when a book ends leaving the reader to guess what happens next, in some cases when this happens I can't help but lower my rating even if I have enjoyed the rest of the book and I am just dissatisfied with the ending.

Would I recommend the book?
I would recommend this book purely on the bases of it being a Rainbow Rowell book although it was one of her early ones and one of my least favourite.

Read it if you like: 
Helen Warner
Rainbow Rowell
Marian Keyes  

No comments :

Post a Comment