The Last Star - A Review By Laura

What is it about?
They’re down here, they’re up there, they’re nowhere. They want the Earth, they want us to have it. They came to wipe us out, they came to save us.
But beneath these riddles lies one truth: Cassie has been betrayed. So has Ringer. Zombie. Nugget. And all 7.5 billion people who used to live on our planet. Betrayed first by the Others, and now by ourselves.
In these last days, Earth’s remaining survivors will need to decide what’s more important: saving themselves…or saving what makes us human.

Who is it for?
Young Adults
 
Genre?
Science Fiction / Dystopian
Is it any good?
In my opinion yes, as you may have seen from my review of the second book of this trilogy which you can view here, I was left confused by the ending which caused me to rate the book just three stars, If I went back and reviewed the last book again, I would now rate it higher because the way it ended now makes sense... It was building up to this adrenaline fueled conclusion of the trilogy.
The book once again moves from one narrator to the other from chapter to chapter enabling us to see what is going on in different parts of the world, also keeping us on our feet and unable to put the book down, there is just no way you can stop reading this book at the end of any chapter, I had to carry on to find out what was happening next. Yancey writes such strong lovable characters that I felt as though I knew them and wanted to protect them myself, I felt like part of their squad but believe me, with what they go though, I am glad I wasn't!

When reading the last book of a series I always worry that I am not going to be satisfied by the way the series ends, especially waiting for over a year for this one I was convinced I was going to be disappointed, not one part of this book disappointed me, I would actually wait another year for this book if I had to, but I am glad I didn't have to it is just that good!
 
Was the ending satisfactory?
I wish it didn't end the way it did just because I didn't want that to happen although I knew it was but yes, I can lay this trilogy to rest happily without needing anymore from it.

Rating
5
 
Would I recommend the book?
Of course I would, if you've read the first or the second of the 5th Wave series I would definitely recommend you finishing it, it will not disappoint, unlike other books I have read which slowly go downhill as the books progress this ended on a high, the second book ended with a build up for this book.
If you haven't read any of the trilogy then go read it.
 
Read it if you like: 
The other 5th Wave books, The Divergent Series, The Hunger Games Series, Patrick Ness

No comments :

Post a Comment